Voice of God
The Voice of God will add an action button that will allow you to enter a message to Speak. The same result can be achieved by talking normally with a .x, :x or #x prefix.
When Speaking, you'll talk with a HEAVY TONE, emitting an ominous sound.
Listeners, which means any mob not deaf or dead in view range, will react to certain codewords. For example, including STOP in the message, they'll be stunned for a few seconds. Only one codeword is used per message.
Including a codeword will increase the Voice of God's cooldown. More powerful commands, such as stuns, will have a longer cooldown, while joke commands have a lower cooldown. Even messages with no commands have a 15 second cooldown.
The Voice of God's effects have a multiplier, which is affected by a few circumstances:
- Chaplains gain a 2x on every command they give, being used to speaking for the gods.
- Command Staff gain a 1.4x on every command, being used to giving commands.
- Mimes have a 0.5x penalty, since they aren't used to speaking.
- Cultists and Servants of Ratvar gain a 2x on every command they give, since they're supported by their deities, but the text will resemble that of their deity, making it obvious that they are cultists.
- Speaking the real name of someone at the beginning of a command will restrict the command to that person, but it will also multiply the effect by 2. If multiple people in range have that name, they will all be affected, although with a reduced multiplier (the formula is 1 + (1 / targets).
- The above also goes for job descriptions, such as Scientist, Head of Personnel, and so on. Changing jobs through the HoP won't change them for the purposes of this focus.
- The first word of someone's name is valid for focusing; this also goes for lizard names (e.g. James -> James Brown; Random -> Random-Lizard-Name).
- The common abbreviations for jobs are also valid (e.g. HoS for Head of Security, Cap for Captain).
- Speaking the true devil name of a Devil will quintuplify the effect. Devils are very averse to gods.
To avoid the effect of the Voice of God, one can:
- Be deaf: what you can't hear can't affect you!
- Earmuffs prevent the Voice's effect while keeping your hearing, although you'll lack a headset. You can make them at any Autolathe.
- Hold a chaplain artifact such as a Null Rod; the chaplain cares not for false gods.
- Silence the Speaker: anything that prevents speech will also prevent use of the Voice.
These, of course, on top of obvious methods such as being far away or killing the Speaker while the Voice is on cooldown.
|Stun||"stop","wait","stand still","hold on","halt"||Stuns for 3 seconds.||120s|
|Weaken||"drop","fall","trip","weaken"||Weakens for 3 seconds.||120s|
|Sleep||"sleep","slumber"||Causes sleep for 2 seconds.||120s|
|Vomit||"vomit","throw up"||Causes vomit.||Multiplier increases the amount of nutrition drained.||120s|
|Silence||"shut up","silence","ssh","quiet","hush"||Silences for 10 seconds.||If the speaker is a Mime or a Curator the duration is tripled.||120s|
|Hallucinate||"see the truth","hallucinate"||Makes the listener see mobs as carps, clowns, demons or other illusions for 15 seconds.||Multiplier increases duration. Does not cause actual hallucinations.||60s|
|Wake Up||"wake up","awaken"||Listeners stop sleeping immediately.||Does not affect stuns or paralysis.||60s|
|Heal||"live","heal","survive","mend","heroes never die"||Listeners are healed by 10 brute and 10 burn damage.||Does not actually revive from death.||60s|
|Hurt||"die","suffer","hurt","pain"||Listeners take 15 brute damage.||60s|
|Bleed||"bleed","there will be blood"||Listeners start bleeding profusely.||The bleeding will stop on its own eventually, even if not patched up.||60s|
|Burn||"burn","ignite"||Listeners are set on fire.||Multiplier increases the fire stacks.||60s|
|Heat||"heat","hot","hell"||Listeners' body temperature rises.||60s|
|Cool||"cold","cool down","chill","freeze"||Listeners' body temperature lowers.||60s|
|Repulse||"shoo","go away","leave me alone","begone","flee","fus ro dah","repulse"||Listeners are thrown away from the speaker.||Multiplier increases the throwing distance, not the range.||60s|
|Attract||"come here","come to me","get over here","attract"||Listeners are thrown towards the speaker.||The speaker won't be hit if he doesn't move, but otherwise he risks being knocked down.||60s|
|Identify||"who are you","say your name","state your name","identify"||Listeners will say their full name.||Devils will say their devil name if they hear this command.||30s|
|Say my name||"say my name","who am i"||Listeners will say the speaker's name.||Listeners will state the visible speaker's name, so if the speaker is disguised, they'll say the fake name.||30s|
|Knock Knock||"knock knock"||Listeners will ask who's there.||Finally a captive audience.||30s|
|State Laws||"state laws","state your laws"||Cyborgs will state their laws.||They'll state their laws over the radio channel they've previously set.||30s|
|Move||"move","walk" + direction(optional)||Listeners will move five steps towards a chosen direction. If no direction is specified, they'll move randomly.||Direction keywords: "up/north/fore","down/south/aft","left/west/port","right/east/starboard".||30s|
|Walk||"slow down"||Listeners will walk instead of running.||30s|
|Run||"run"||Listeners will run if they were walking.||30s|
|Help||"help","hug"||Listeners will set their intent to Help, then click on a random adjacent mob with whatever they're holding.||30s|
|Disarm||"disarm"||Listeners will set their intent to Disarm, then click on a random adjacent mob with whatever they're holding.||30s|
|Grab||"grab"||Listeners will set their intent to Grab, then click on a random adjacent mob with whatever they're holding.||30s|
|Harm||"harm","fight","punch"||Listeners will set their intent to Harm, then click on a random adjacent mob with whatever they're holding.||30s|
|Throw/Catch||"throw","catch"||Listeners will set their throw mode on.||Throw mode on causes the listeners to catch items in midair.||30s|
|Flip||"flip","rotate","revolve","roll","somersault"||Listeners will flip.||30s|
|Speak||"speak","say something"||Listeners say something random.||30s|
|Rest||"rest"||Listeners will rest.||30s|
|Get Up||"get up"||Listeners will get up.||This also removes stuns.||60s|
|Sit||"sit"||If the listeners are on a chair, they'll buckle on it.||30s|
|Stand||"stand"||If the listeners are buckled onto something, they'll unbuckle.||This also works on vehicles like the janicart.||30s|
|Dance||"dance"||Listeners will use the dance emote.||30s|
|Jump||"jump"||Listeners will use the jump emote.||30s|
|Salute||"salute"||Listeners will use the salute emote.||30s|
|Play Dead||"play dead"||Listeners will use the deathgasp emote.||30s|
|Clap||"clap","applaud"||Listeners will use the clap emote.||30s|
|Honk||"honk"||Plays a honk after a few seconds from the command. If the speaker is a clown, listeners will slip for 7 seconds.||The command also accepts any length of hooooonk.||30s|
|Right round||"like a record baby","right round"||Causes listeners to slowly spin several times.||30s|