|An experimental device which can build, or deconstruct areas rapidly. This is held in the EVA for emergencies (and is the Chief Engineer's responsibility). However they can be made in hacked autolathes as well.
This little bugger can be set (by clicking in active hand) to do a number of things:
- Build Floors (2 Ammo)
- Build a Wall (16 Ammo)
- Build a wall on top of a girder (8 Ammo)
- Build a Grille (4 Ammo)
- Build a Window (8 Ammo)
- Build a Reinforced Window (12 Ammo)
- Build an airlock (16 Ammo)
- Deconstruct a girder(13 Ammo)
- Deconstruct a wall(26 Ammo) (Can't deconstruct reinforced walls, unless it's a cyborg or mech RCD)
- Deconstruct a floor tile into space(33 Ammo)
- Deconstruct a grille(4 Ammo)
- Deconstruct a window(8 Ammo)
- Deconstruct an airlock(32 Ammo)
Right click to toggle airlock access and appearance, and to swap between normal and reinforced windows.
Can be loaded with Compressed Matter Cartridges and regular metal and glass sheets. One Cartridge holds 40 units, with 160 being the maximum. Be forewarned that changing RCD mode can cause it to emit sparks, which can cause fires in plasma-rich environiments.
It also can robust the shit out people. Or AIs, if needed.